Friday, September 19, 2003

Party time

Picking the strings of an electric guitar with 2 black kids lying on the floor of my childhood room with me. It sounds like I can really play along I am just running my fingers along the strings. I turn the guitar upside down and play the top of the neck instead of the base. It actually sounds pretty cool. Then a tall man enters complaining about the noise or type of music we’re playing. I’m scared of this guy, who is he and how did he get in? He steps into the room from the doorway. Suddenly, Dad is behind him and sneaks his arm around the guy’s neck. Dad’s hand is about to close over the guy’s mouth. It looks as though is going to jerk the guy out the room while gagging and choking him. I am relived that Dad is there to rescue me. Then I see a look of concern on Dad’s face, as if he can’t hurt anyone. He hesitates, then lowers his arm before it even touches the guy. Instead Dad and the guy back out of the room. I don’t hear anything and worry if Dad is ok. I jump up and run into the hall. I see a group of young guys standing by the front door and living room talking to Dad. David and John from Cleveland are trying to explain why they brought their friends to our house. Dad is ready to kick them all out. Then I see another guy on his knees in the hall bathroom, he pukes into the hall toilet. I tell Dad that these guys can’t go anywhere. Dad already realizes that they are no shape to leave. The same guy in the bathroom or another one of them throws up on my shoulder.

Go to a house in a suburb with Sharon. It is her parent’s house (I don’t know if it is her Mom or Dad’s place). There is an old man next door hitting golf balls into a pitching green. The entire lawn of his backyard is covered in golf balls. We go inside and hang out at the kitchen or dining room table. We make plans to go out later, discuss which bar we want to meet up at and when. But there is a TV show on at 9 that I want to watch.

No comments: