Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Flirting doesn't pay

Me and another guy are walking through a park. We stop at a stone table where some some girls are playing cards. They are piles of chips changing hands with each round. The girls flirt, thinking that the guy I’m with is rich. One asks me something and I reply, “His rich friends don’t give me any money.” Then I say, “what’s your name?” The first girl thinks I’m talking to her and starts to answer. I interrupt, point to her friend and say, “No, I was talking to her.” The first girl is upset, but the second is flattered. People start to gather around, I think they are watching the card game. But they are really starring at me and the guy I’m with as if something is wrong with us. I think that we look normal, but the people are acting like we’re too normal. We slowly walk through the crowd and start to leave the park. When we reach the street, we are arrested by a single detective in an old fashioned cop uniform. He throws us into the back of a truck that has school bus type seats in the back. It is full of other prisoners. The truck starts moving and I fall off the back. I grab a hold of the bumper. And hang on for dear life as the truck tears down streets and around corners. The truck stops in front of a small concert hall. The detective is leading the guy I was with inside, he is wearing a suit. I follow them, but stop because I am wearing prison stripes. The truck that I just let go of, tips over onto its side as if in slow motion and then it flips upside down and slides down the street.

No comments: