Thursday, September 11, 2003

Late to tailgate

I am waiting to write the specials on a chalkboard in a restaurant.

Talking to McKenzie, we’re both going to a Jimmy Buffett concert. He tells me he got his ticket for 50 bucks and holds up two of them. He his taking his girlfriend. I say that I paid like 500 dollars for my ticket and ask how he got his so cheap. He says he used Priceline.com. I’m going to the concert alone, so we decide to meet up for the show. I have to go home and change first. It’s alright after 8:30, so I better hurry. I pull into garage, it is raining. Then I’m leaving house in a hurry to meet him. I am wearing a gray sweater and black slacks, not right for Buffett but it’s too late to change. It’s already 9:10. I try to grab some beer in the garage, but there is only melting ice in the cooler. I find the receipt for my ticket in my jacket packet. It only has a total of like 60 or 70 bucks, but it’s hard to figure out because there are two columns of numbers.

No comments: