Sunday, September 14, 2003

Let's meet later

I’m with Mom and Dad sitting in our old van with the thin stripes down the sides. The stripes are the colors of a rainbow, but not in a rainbow pattern. The van in parked along a deserted sidewalk down the street from an office building. Danny and Sharon walk by and almost keep going until I climb out of the van and call their name. They say hello and keep walking as if it is no surprise or big deal to see me. I go with them towards the building to go up to their office. Either Brooke or Stacy is with me. I turn back and tell Mom and Dad to come along. They start to follow, leaving the van doors open and unlocked. The interior lights are also on. Danny and Sharon continue walking to the building. I follow slowly, waiting for Mom and Dad. Danny, Sharon and Stacy or Brooke enter the building. I make sure Mom and Dad are following, then enter through tall glass and brass doors. I see the group across the crowded lobby. I catch up to Danny and Sharon as Mom and Dad enter. They are wearing 70s gym shorts and T-shirts that are way too tight. The shirts have banded collars and characters on them. I think Dad’s is Woodstock.

No comments: