Thursday, September 18, 2003

Decorate

Stacy and I are loading my stuff into the back seat of a car. There are two cardboard boxes about the size of the ones that printer paper or maybe cases of bottle beer come in. They are full of liquor and I am nervous about taking them. I try to give them to PJ who is standing in the driveway. But he doesn’t really want to put them in his house. I don’t want to have to put them in my locker at school, so I don’t know what to do with them.

In an office, a man is showing me three instruments that used to catch criminal. He points out the first two and tells me their names. The third he calls a “criminologist” and it is a white rectangle the size of a thick pad of paper with a thin hose coming out of the front top. There is a pen or microphone attached to the other end of the tube. Either by writing or speaking it records something on the pad.

A tall, black guy drops off a large roll of worn paper at my desk. He drops it on the floor behind my chair, we speak for a moment then he walks off. I unroll it and it is the Walt Disney World Pirates of the Caribbean Poster that I used to own. I hang it on the cubical wall behind my chair, then move it to the wall to my right. Someone says cool poster and I look around my cube and see Krissy. My cube wall extends and is also a wall of her cube. Is has the effect of creating a narrow hallway from my desk to hers. I offer to remove the poster, in fact I want to move it because I don’t want to share it with her. But she likes where it is hanging.

No comments: