Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Worst dive ever

Drive into the parking lot of an empty strip mall that is being turned into several different bars. Some are closed for remodeling and some are already open. I walk into a strip club that looks like a normal dive bar. I don’t see any stages or poles. But there are plastic bags the size of paper grocery bags sitting on the bar and a few tables. The Hooters logo is on the side of the bags, the bar must have a partnership to serve food from a Hooters next door. I order a beer at the bar and it takes awhile. I give the bartender a $5 and $1 and wait for change. A guy walking by spills his beer all over the green sweater I am wearing. I grab some napkins to dry it off. As I am rubbing the napkins on the front of the sweater, holes tear in the fabric. I go into the bathroom, check the mirror and straighten up a bit. Then I go play poker at a green felt table in another part of the bar. I finally realize that this strip club doesn’t seem to have any girls walking around.

No comments: