Monday, April 30, 2007

Spy games

A Nazi spy is riding a motorcycle up a mountain path. I am chasing him on the same style of dirt bike. The mountain is dry and rocky, as if in a western desert. The spy makes sharp turns and I follow him across impossibly high jumps from cliff to cliff. He jumps an outcropping of rock and reaches the bottom of the mountain. He disappears behind a rise and takes off in a VW bug that has been tricked out as a dune buggy. It is rusted orange with the red, gray and black nazi swastika painted in the door. I am suddenly in a dune buggy myself and continue the chase across the rocks and sand. Just as suddenly, I am a young boy on a bicycle and so is the spy. As I follow him, he stops in the middle of the dirt path. I slow down, but bump into him. I yell at him for almost causing an accident, then I continue on as if I have not been following him. He starts riding again and quickly catches up to me. To try and fool him into leading me to his destination, I act as if I am pissed about the wreck he almost caused and cut him off to keep him from passing me. I speed up and sneer back at him to challenge him to a race. He takes the bait and struggles to pass me. I pedal harder and harder to stay ahead, then let him get just ahead of me. He darts ahead as he verves off the road and up to a house. He laughs as I coast past, thinking that he has outdone me in the race, but I have outsmarted the spy.

No comments: