Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sprinkle

I’m sitting in the corner of a large parking lot. There are people tailgating all across the lot behind me. I watch runners in a marathon jog past. The street is completely filled with all different kinds of people, some in great shape, some not. After awhile the crowd of runners changes slightly, they look less like runners and more like people walking into a sporting event. I see a few people carrying towels or blankets and one guy carrying a case of beer. I turn around to look behind and the parking lot has changed into a field. I look down at the grass and feel water falling on me. I look up and see a huge longhorn cow spraying water out of its nose. It keeps spraying water in arcing spurts, it seems like it is watering the grass and yellow wildflowers like a sprinkler.

No comments: