Friday, May 11, 2007

Abandoned art

Taking a tour inside a house with my cousins, Chrissy and Danny. There is an empty line for some kind of fun house, but we pass it and go into another room. We seem to be waiting there for the tour to continue or someone to come get us. Laying on the floor in the middle of the room is a broken clock made from a hubcap with large wire (almost rebar) sticking out of it, there are pool balls for numbers but a few are missing. Danny flips it over and I see the weld marks. There is also an outline of the state of Texas and a note with the name of whoever made it. I find some handmade posters behind a piece of furniture. I flip one over and there are dollar bills glued all over the back. I remove two of them, but they tear in pieces. I stop and debate if I should take them. I wonder if it is stealing and who they belong to. Danny says it not worth it for a dollar, but maybe if it was more. Then I remember that one of the bills was a ten. Someone tears another poster into pieces and uses them to make a new collage.

No comments: