Saturday, April 5, 2003

That seems racist

I get into a car with someone to get a ride to school. The guy driving turns off the main road onto a trail. There are branches hanging low overhead and on the side. It is night out and the headlights show nothing but green growth everywhere. The dirt trail is almost totally overgrown. I am bouncing around the back of the jeep and the guy is talking about getting into more adventure on a shortcut. We come to a chain link fence across the trail. Two black guys are pounding on the other side of the fence. I don’t know if they are trying to tear it down or warn us off. The guy driving backs up the jeep and I think he is going to turn left and drive parallel to the fence. But instead he crashes through it. On the other side of the fence we drive thru a paved lot full of parked cars and there are tons of black people around. I think that a bunch of stuff is going to get stolen. I picture them rioting. We drive down the long row but now we are in a camaro or firebird. I realize the people are all in a long line 4 or 5 people across all slowly moving in the same direction we are as we drive pass them. I figure they are just waiting in line to get out or to get their cars out to leave for work in the morning.

No comments: