Monday, April 14, 2003

Light it up

I get out of the shower. I am living in a huge loft or condo. I talk to Brooke on the phone and walk out on to the deck right as fireworks start going off above the city skyline nearby. The deck/patio seems to shared with other apartments as there are several patio tables and beach chairs for people to lay out. At the far corner of the deck is a table with a bunch of my stuff spread over it as if I was working there. I worry about papers blowing away and move a book on top of them. Then I wonder why I left my wallet and keys outside and pick them up along with my digital camera. As I walk back to my sliding glass door, I see a regular camera and some paperbacks laying on the ground. I pick them up and struggle to balance everything in my arms. Then I pick up a small pink, plastic box which turns out to be a Polaroid camera. I see a photo stuck in it, so I pull it out. The picture is a large (taller than a normal photo) group shot of young teenagers at Disney World. I notice that I am standing in the top of the picture, I am the younger, the same age as the other kids in the photo.

I am driving on a highway and get off on an exit ramp. The ramp and my car is bathed in a strange light. After a moment I realize it is a glare or reflection of a large video scoreboard of a football stadium above and to the right of the ramp. I see scenes of several football players wearing IU uniforms. As I drive past the football field I look back at a plain scoreboard trying to see the score. I can’t make out the numbers but see that we are playing a team I have never heard of, the team is listing on the scoreboard as Z.

No comments: