Thursday, April 17, 2003

A pleading look is my only chance

Running through a deserted small town desperately trying to escape. I don’t know from who but the whole town feels like a prison. I reach some railroad tracks and a road towards a train flying by. I don’t even come close to grabbing ahold. I’m supposed to meet someone to leave but don’t know where they are. I sense that people are about to turn onto the street. The only place I can think of to hide is to climb up a railroad crossing sign. I wind up hanging with my arms and legs wrapped around an arm of the sign that extends over the street below like a stoplight. The street below quickly fills with people walking. I see a cop standing on the corner across the street. Then I hear Mom call my name and start to say, “Brian, what are you doing up there?” Stacy is walking beside her and I look directly into her eyes and silently plead with her to ignore me. She and our mom walk below and beyond me without looking up.

No comments: