Sunday, April 27, 2003

Make way

Langdon and I are talking to a woman in a fancy club or convention center. We are supposed to be setting up or decorating for the event she is hosting. She says something about the roses going here. I point to another room containing several vases of roses on a table and ask if that room will be in use. She says yes. I asked because I want to steal those roses to use since we don’t have any. I figure we can run up to the grocery store and buy roses without the woman knowing. But Langdon either says something or she sees it on her face. She gets upset and can’t believe we aren’t prepared for the job. Langdon and I walk out to the parking lot to go to the mall and find roses. On the Lawn out front to the building is a giant inflatable Snoopy. It is part of our decorations but the head is missing, there is just a rounded nub like the head of a tack where the head should pop onto. I wonder what’s wrong. Then I see that my cousin Julian is setting up the Snoopy balloon and hasn’t yet moved the small red blower fan to inflate the head, which I now see spread out on the ground next to where he crouches checking the balloon. Langdon and I get into a car, but we don’t know which way the mall is.

I am in a school, but I don’t know what room my next class is in. I am near panicking because I don’t know where to go. I also have a meeting about my 401K and I don’t know where that is taking place either. I walk into an open area covered in orange carpet where two hallways meet at a corner. There are a few rows of school desk set up there and Matt is standing next to one. He tells me that this is where our class is meeting. I ask him frantically if he is sure and about my 401K meeting. He says yes and the meeting is in another room. Then instantly I am riding in a boat that is being down a road. It is taking me to me 401K meeting. I walk to the front of the boat and look over the bow. I don’t see any vehicle pulling a trailer. Instead I see a narrow concrete canal that is about as deep as the boat is high. It runs parallel to the road I was on and turns to the right ahead at the upcoming intersection. There are rocks, mud and a few large puddles at the bottom. I realize that the water is too deep for the boat to float on. Yet it is gliding along and I wonder if it is mounted on wheels.

Brooke and I stand on a dock. I am about to take her sailing. Next to the dock is huge sailboat. It belongs to Stacy. The boat has automatic controls to raise and lower the mainsail and cast out or reel in the spinnaker. All you have to do is push one of several buttons along the side of sitting area around the wheel. Even though the boat is at the dock, all of it sails are unfurled and puffed out. The spinnaker is blue and has some red on it perhaps stripes. But the boat doesn’t move even though it doesn’t seem to be tied to the dock at all. We set sail but my perspective changes and I am flying above a river through the thick, green canopy of leaves of jungle palms.

Brooke is standing naked on a snowy hillside or mountain. I see her from a distance but can tell that she is not affected by any cold. She just stands there like a statue and I am moved by the effect of seeing the darkness of her bush set off against the lighter tone of her skin and the whiteness of the snow around her. I am closer to her now and the scene has changed around her to a grassy park. I try to move closer and get a better look at her because I am struck by her beauty. She hides behind a tree for a moment. I call for her to come to me and when I catch sight of her again, she is wearing shorts and a black bikini top.

No comments: