Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Worst action movie ever

I’m driving a large truck through a construction site that seems to go on for several blocks alongside an office building. I am driving over boards, pipes, dirt and scaffolding. At some points, these materials form an unstable track or bridge over ditches or large holes. I’m nervous but keep driving straight ahead. Then the truck starts to slide off a bridge. I jump out of the cab and grab the truck like Superman to throw it across. But just a large strip of metal (that looks like a cross between a transmission and a bumper) lands on the sidewalk on the other side. It skids to a stop on the concrete with sparks flying. Two women in business dress dart scared out of the way. I say “Sorry about that.”
A plane crashes and somehow amid the wreckage a truck full of explosives ends up sitting on the roof of a warehouse or office park. But nobody knows that it is there because the government has sealed off the area. I saw it, but can’t prove it. There is charred cement and yellow police tape in several areas around town. I meet up with a kid and try to get up to the roof of his building across the street. But his dad stops us in the lobby to talk. He is wearing a high-ranking military uniform. Then I am strolling through a park of green grass and trees, but suddenly I walk onto a beach right in the middle of the park. Laying in the sun on her side is Britney Spears. She is naked but covered in sand clinging to her wet skin. I lick my finger and wipe the sand off one of her nipples. She starts to get up and yells, “I hope that was worth it!” I say, “Hey, sorry” and run off. Then I am walking on a paved path through the grass towards her again. She is standing and now wearing shorts and a cropped t-shirt. I don’t know if her eyes were closed or if she didn’t turn around in time to see me, but she does not act upset to see me. Instead, she asks me if I have seen the kid. I wonder if she thinks he did it. But just then, the boy and his father walk into the park. She is happy to see them.
I am walking through an empty stadium. The field is covered in mud. I step down off of a ramp and into wet. Thick mud. I trudge through it, trying to step carefully at first. As I make my way across the mud and grab onto a railing on the other side to pull myself up a short wall on the other side, I think that the people down here must have a much better time than the one watching from the sky boxes up above.

No comments: