Thursday, March 15, 2007

water, water everywhere

I’m standing on the shore of a flooded river, I see fish swimming everywhere. Then a giant fish, bigger and longer than a man is swimming in weaving circles near the opposite shore. I wade or fall into the water. And the giant fish comes after me. I keep spinning away but it keeps twisting back at me.
Walking along a flooded creek, below an overpass bridge I see a truck tire and rim floating by with a band saw sitting on top. I want to salvage stuff stuck in the muddy bank and floating past. So I step across a high hill in the middle of an island in the steam and sink into a bog of mud up past my knee. I step out of the muck and down the hill to the edge of the creek where the floating tire has come to rest against the shore. Jan is walking nearby.

No comments: