Wednesday, March 14, 2007

School zone / War zone

Mom, Stacy and I are riding bikes and I lead them from the lower to upper parking lots of Crosby Middle School (although it looks more like Eastern High School but actually not like either) We ride past a chain link fence and walk into a huge, two level store crammed with all kinds of junk and clothes. It is run by a Korean man. I find a dark denim hat that looks like the Levi one I had as a kid, but this one fits me. I also see a pile of lighter denim ones like the other one I have. I put on a dark one but the brim is torn. I ask the man to find me one that isn’t ripped. The store starts to fall apart as if it is being bombed or hit by a natural disaster. I leave before finding another hat.
I walk to the car but can’t get in, then I realize that the car is actually parked in front of the one I’m standing at. Neither of the cars are models we’ve ever owned. And everything is now covered in snow. Mom and Stacy are already in the front seat about to drive off. I look around for our bikes but assume they are buried in the snow or maybe they put them in the trunk.

No comments: