Friday, February 2, 2007

The sweet taste of shame

Two young boys come to the front door selling candy bars. I open up to buy one and they rush in with guns drawn. One has a pistol and the other a shotgun. They threaten Brooke and I and take over our house. The boys lock themselves into a room. I know they are hiding their guns and setting something up. I don’t know why I try to get in the room instead of grabbing Brooke and running. Later I sneak into the room and try to find their guns. I wonder if I will have to shoot one of them and how people would react if I killed a little boy. I don’t find the guns and the boys threaten us with sharp knifes in the kitchen. Brooke and I are walking through the city around the house and I stand to talk to a cop on the street out front. But I can’t, we have to get back before time is up. I think the boys are holding BP and Mel hostage but I never see them. The next time Brooke and I leave the house, we keep walking even though we have to get back. I decide to talk to the police but can’t find any. Finally we see one at the top of an escalator in a large mall. I try to talk to him but cannot get his attention. I start to cry and the cop asks if I’ve been robbed. “No, my house.” I say. I feel ashamed and afraid.

No comments: