Sunday, March 30, 2003

the hunt

I walk into a garage with stacks of keys on all three or four sides. Three of them are connected. I turn them off and they all slow. I turn them off and the ones behind me come on. I turn those off and the first three come on. It is very weird.

I am in an antique store looking at square shaped hot air balloon ornaments that look like frames. I say that I wanted to buy them for mom before but they were too expensive. The price is marked 25 dollars marked down to 6.99, marked down to 5.99. Brooke’s mom is in the store and I tell her about it. She says I must have been here before and gestures with the object she is holding. It is a hot air balloon figure that has a chip on the side. I wonder why she is implying that chipped it the last time I was in the store. I wonder if I did chip it, but don’t think so. She was joking, but I take it seriously.

Then I am doing a scavenger hunt and have to find numbered clues. One is on a set of clothes hanging and says something about being hung like a person. It is outside the corner of my apartment. And then the last clue is something about a dress that is hanging from a tree outside my apartment. But I realize that the tree doesn’t actually exist there. So I can’t find the last clue. I am looking around the ground for it. And then someone says something to me, she is sitting above me on a large branch of the tree. It is either Brooke or Mel.

No comments: