Wednesday, March 19, 2003

No outhouse?

Driving through a neighborhood of rich houses. At the end of a cul-de-sac, there are three huge, fancy houses that look abandoned with scruffy, slightly overgrown lawns. It all looks deserted. I enter the next house to the left with mom and dad. I assume it is the Standring’s house even though I don’t see them or recognize anything. I walk through the living room and sit down in the kitchen. I eat a bowl of cereal or something. In front of me on the table is a tall earthen vase. I pick it up and it is full of what looks like milk. I ask Mom where the bathroom is and she tells me to use the vase because there is no plumbing. She explains that I should wrap my turds in toilet paper so that the vase is easier to clean. When I tell her that my vase is full, she takes it to dump it out. I wait for her to return and really need to use the bathroom but think that I am now too disgusted to try.

No comments: