Sunday, March 2, 2003

distracted

Two detectives are at a dinner party taking place in a mansion. One detective sits at the head of the table. There is an attractive blond in an evening gown seated to the left down the table. Several chairs at the table are empty although there are places set for them. The mansion belongs to two brothers. One is retarded and one is extremely smart although he acts of just normal intelligence. They are not seated at the table and neither is their father. Way down a hall and several large open rooms away, the detective seated at the table sees one man leading another man across the hall. It is the brothers, the dumb one being lead by the other. The assumption is that the smart brother has to lead the other because he is retarded. The dumb one has his arms outstretched and is covered in something red, so much that from this distance is looks like a red sweatshirt. Then return from the same direction. The detective gets a glint in his eye and tries to stare them down. The dumb brother is freshly showered (with the help of the older brother?) with a towel around his neck. The detective jumps up, knowing that the father has been butchered by the retarded brother. The second detective enters the room, talking about getting back to dinner and asks the first what he is doing. He replies, “I’m about to solve a murder, where have you been? You moron.” But it turns out that the older brother has killed a woman at the dinner party. Is it his wife or sister? He is trying to frame his brother or cause a distraction.

I’m in the hallway of a house, it feel like a vacation home on the beach. I look out a side window and see the older brother and the daughter from the TV show Different Strokes. I turn to my buddy in the house and say, “You have to see this.” Meanwhile, Kimberly and Willis have stopped are looking in the window from the outside. My buddy comes down the hall, he is Gary Coleman who played Arnold, the younger brother on the show. But I have no awareness of this and am surprise when they all react warmly and are happy to see each other again. I think I’ve got to get a picture of this, but I don’t have a camera. I run down the hall thinking that Fred has a camera. I go into his room and BP is there. And BP starts going through Fred’s stuff looking for Fred’s camera rather than going to get his own camera.

I’m in a mansion, there is a party going on. I wake up after the party and go to work. I am wearing a tie, it is black. And I go to my office on the upper story of an office skyscraper. I get to my office, no one else is at there yet. I am feeling very hungover and assume everyone else is too. I walk down the hall to another office and it is a bedroom of the mansion I was just in. Fred is sleeping in one room. I walk back out into the hall and there are two girls from the party helping a bunch of kids get ready for school. I pass a fireplace and take a poker and stir up the almost completely burnt up logs in the grate. A maid is standing there, she was ready to tend the dying embers of the fire before I grabbed the poker. As I poke around in the fireplace, bunch of ashes blow out of the fireplace and onto a man’s black leather dress shoes. I drop to my knees and wipe the ashes off his shoes with my hands. He owns the mansion. I hear people signing like it all part of a musical or is someone just listening to a musical in another room?

No comments: