Saturday, March 29, 2003

Move

I’m in a house, people are outside lying by the pool. And then I am peddling a mountain bike through deserted city streets. It becomes night and I ride around trying to find a place to stay. I swerve around a homeless guy lying in the middle of the street under a blanket. Suddenly it is morning and I am riding through another part of the city, perhaps towards the outskirts of downtown. It is a barren and poor area of town. There are vacant lots or empty parking lots around and a run down store ahead of me. Then I enter a more populated area and I look for people I know in New York in the faces of the crowds I see through store windows. I get off the bike and walk into a food court. As I see Danny, someone yells to me. The person I though was Danny isn’t him, but I turn around and see a big group of girls that I know at a table. Then I turn to a third table and Danny is sitting there. The girls and Danny are talking about lying at the pool while I was inside.

No comments: