Saturday, March 1, 2003

Let's get cooking

I am walking on a sidewalk at night. I approach a church of community arts center. There are several posters or cardboard signs on the ground promoting different musical acts. On the back of some of them are messages like “Will work for food” that homeless people would hold up on the corners of major intersections. I don’t know where I am going to sleep. I see a TV set on in the window of a brownstone across the street. I cross the street and walk around the corner of the building. I walk inside and go into the living room. I put something down or I’m trying to take something. I hear a noise in another room and make my way back to the front door. I see someone in the back room, I try to sneak out the door before they see me. It is a woman, she walks out of the kitchen towards the front door right as I reach it. I apologize and say that the door was open and that I was just returning the DVD I found in the street. We chat for a minute and she ends up giving me her business card and asks if I would be available to baby sit. I assume she means this as some kind of double entendre since I see no signs of kids around. Another woman walks in the front door, her roommate maybe. The second woman gives me a sexy look over her shoulder as she walks into the kitchen.

No comments: