Tuesday, November 4, 2003

Running errands

I pull up to a parking meter and collect my things from in the car. Everything is scattered on the passenger seat as if I have been on a road trip. I grab my wallet, cell phone and change out of the drink holder for the meter. As I am getting it together, a woman appears at my passenger window and acts as if she is going to bang on my window with two flat palms, but she stops short of actually touching the car. I am fumbling with all of that stuff and my keys as I try to get out of the car. As I step out of the car, I am putting a stack of cash into my wallet. Someone approaches me. I tell them something like to buzz off. The person is Sharon and she says, “Did you just tell me to buzz off?” but she uses different words than I did. I apologize and notice that her girlfriend is with her and that she is the one who almost knocked on my window. We all go into the grocery store across the street but not together. I am supposed to buy some stuff and then go meet Brooke. I am torn between wanting to get going to see Brooke and hanging out with Sharon. I head to the opposite side of the store from them to find a bottle of tide I see on top of a distance shelf. I get to the other side of the store, but don’t see any Tide. I am walking up and down aisles full of 2 liter soda bottles. I find a large bottle of Tide sitting on a random shelf.

No comments: