Monday, November 24, 2003

Family flocks together

An empty house. Stacy disappears through a hole of shimmering light in the ceiling above the bathtub. Then I am standing in a desert. I walk easily towards something in the distance. I see grass with buildings in the background. A group of creatures the size of deer but they have rodent features and hop on their two hind legs. I approach the deserted buildings and discover they are some kind of apartment complex. I enter a building and walk down a hall that looks like a school with lockers. People come out of various doors into the hall. They all hop or scurry their hands in a bunny-type motion in the same manner as the creatures I saw outside. I mimic them to blend in. Then I am standing back in the bathroom and try sticking my arm into the hole. My hand slides through as if it is a film of mass of gel. I try to push my head up through the hole to see what is on the other side, but I can only make it as far as my forehead. There are two pills in my hand, one gets slightly wet and my arm is able to enter. As the pills get wet, I gain access. It leads to another dimension or world, the complex with lockers I was just in. The hole in the ceiling leads to this other world, you enter this world through one of the lockers. Depending which locker you pop out of, you enter the world as either a vampire or a creature covered in a dress of multi-colored feathers. I watch several people, including my sister Stacy and Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer pop out of different lockers and appear as different things. Willow bares her fangs, then appears again in the feathers. I see a series of white and black blocks covered in carvings. They somehow control the form and direction that people appear in this other world. I run down the hall and outside past a long line of people that stretches for blocks. I keep running along past the people waiting. I see Dad standing in line, I give him a wink or thumbs up sign. Stacy tells me that we only to kill 8 more feathers to escape.

No comments: