Thursday, November 13, 2003

Don't cheat

Sitting in a school desk as a teacher hands out a test to the class. It is a multiple choice math test with one of those bubble sheets where you fill in either the A, B, C or D circles and it’s graded automatically by a computer. But the first math question reads more like an essay and I have no idea how to answer it. I get up and leave the room, taking my exam with me. I walk into another room and a TV is playing. A man on TV is explaining the theory that the first question asks about. I sit and watch, trying to solve the first problem. I go back to class and still haven’t filled in any answers. As soon as I sit down, the professor comes by and picks up my test. I protest but he says that we only had an hour for the exam. I look up at the clock amazed how much time has gone by and he continues picking up the tests of the other students. I didn’t even take time to fill in random bubbles on the answer sheet.

No comments: