Monday, November 3, 2003

On the prowl

In a hotel partying with a bunch of people. Stacy is drunk and I try to take her to her room. She runs off and I chase her. She jumps in the pool and I’m afraid she’ll drown so I jump in after her. She runs across the bottom of the pool and up a ladder on the other side. I have a hard time swimming underwater in my cargo shorts and shoes. I climb out of the pool and can’t find her. I carry an appliance into a room. There is a tangle of cords in the laundry room, I am looking for a place to plug in something. I hear a good song playing, but it’s not the actual song, it is a Weird Al parody cover of it. A girl starts dancing with me, joking at first, then up against me. Then she is bent over grinding her ass into my crotch, she is wearing nothing but a thong. She keeps rubbing around me until I enter her. I hesitate, almost fumbling. I notice we are standing in the middle of a room with wide windows along one wall. The blinds are open and outside I see a sidewalk and several shops with awnings. I wonder if anyone will see us and why I’m not with Brooke. I walk down the hall and see a girl crying with her head resting on crossed arms on the kitchen table. I assume it is Brooke, but it is Stacy crying about being drunk. Another girl is standing over her with a hand on her shoulder. The next day, a group of people are standing at the pool. One girl asks a guy, “So it went well with Christa last night huh?” He doesn’t know what she’s talking about, so she says I saw you fucking her from behind last night through the window. He says it wasn’t him and the group begins discussing who it was. Neither the girl nor I say anything. Another girl says that it was another guy and he seems to imply that maybe it was. The actual girl looks at him and he winks. She smiles like she wants to have a go with him. Everybody starts playing some kind of game with a bunch of hoops and throwing something through them.

There is a salt mine or warehouse next door to the hotel. It is winter weather in the same location. We walk through the parking lot towards the hotel, I see a Tonka dump truck toy in a pile of slush or salt at the curb. I want to pick it up and play, but instead I follow the people I am with. I slide on a patch of ice and keep gliding forward for a really long time. I am amazing that I’m able to keep my balance as I slide past Brooke and make a sharp turn around to come to a stop.

I look out the window of the hotel and see Jeremy and a few other guys bow hunting deer in the woods next to the hotel. Three deer run from them as they shoot arrows after them. One buck runs across the hill with an arrow sticking into his hind flank.

No comments: