Tuesday, November 25, 2003

All over the place

Stopped at a red light in the turning lane. In the rearview mirror, I see a big car speeding toward me in my lane. The car swerves into the next lane at the last minute but not soon enough. The land yacht clips the back end of my car. I get out to inspect the damage. I have to walk around the back of the other car to get to the side the damage is on. The woman driving nudges her car up against the back of mine and pushes it across the intersection. At first, I think she is trying to clear the intersection and doesn’t realize that I got out of my car. I run after her shouting, but she keeps driving until my car is completely across the intersection. She stops her car, but mine keep rolling down the street. I try to jump into the passenger side of her car and yell for her to go after my car. She just acts confused.

Leaving a restaurant with Stac, we get the car from the valet. As we’re pulling away, we discover someone else’s stuff in the car. We stop and find the belongings of a woman that has a baby in the trunk. A man from the restaurant comes up and tells us to move because we are blocking the drive to the restaurant. We are stopped on a hill next to a brick wall, the blacktop connects the main road to the entrance.

Riding in a panel van with a few guys, we have several take out containers from a restaurant we were just at. Ooze starts seeping out of the containers. The ooze grows into worm shaped blobs the size of soda cans. They grow bigger and start developing alien features. The grow legs and faces and look like alien worm puppies. They start climbing around the van and we’re trying to keep them from getting hurt but also avoid touching them. One tries to jump out the front window and the guy in the passenger seat grabs it. Another guy says that he’s glad that we got the food that was sitting under the heat lamps. We take them into a house. Eli is trying to hide them. My cousin Danny walks in holding several of them in his hands. I start to freak out, but realize that he thinks they are normal puppies. He can’t tell because they are covered in a mess of food and a fried egg over each of their faces. Someone must have covered them to disguise them. Danny puts them down and flings jelly all over a wall while trying the clean his hands. We I point out that he’s making a mess, he says not to worry that he’ll take care of it. His solution is to turn off the lights so no one can see the mess, even though I can still see the jelly splattered across the wall.

Walking down a suburban street, further down the block I see people watching a movie projected onto the side of a house, they sit on couches on the lawn. I walk past another group in front of a house at the near end of the street. People start singing and I beat on a weird long drum set built into the lawn. I am off the beat of the song, but think it still sounds good. A young woman comes over and politely asks me to stop, but phrases it to try to make me think it is because no one can hear me play.

No comments: