Monday, January 13, 2003

Work it out

I’m driving along and see a giraffe on the side of the road, so I pull into the parking lot of a fast food petting zoo. First I think it is a restaurant with the animal as a promotion, but then I see the building is really a barn and there is also a small back ho type bulldozer that is painted to look like a giraffe. I run around the back and down the side of the building between a chain link fence.

I walk up to Mom and Dad in the parking lot. A man asks if we can spare some change. Dad replies, “Didn’t you just get free beer?” The guy has coifed white hair and wears a retro 70s looking suit. He says, “Yeah, I’ve been to 4 80’s parties this week.”

I am walking and then riding a mountain bike through a strange city. I walk thru a parking garage, down stairs and across a catwalk or alley. I peddle up a steep hill. Look out over a railing towards a capital looking building on a green lawn. I carry the bike thru a back room day care and up a flight of stairs.

I enter an antique shop full of furniture. There are 2 or 3 other guys with me and we are arguing loudly, perhaps on the verge of violence. A few minutes of this and the gay couple that run the place interrupt us. One of the guys tells us to stop. I recognize them and remind them that we bought a big white 70s kitchen table and chairs from them a week or 2 ago, then I ask if we could just have a few minutes to work this out amongst my friends.

No comments: