Tuesday, January 7, 2003

Clear out

I am following a pick-up truck fast down a country road, I am on a tiny red car with several of the same cars zooming around the pick-up. It has a cartoon feel, like an old black and white keystone cops type comedy redone in color with modern special effects. Because the pick up is falling apart and loosing parts all over the road. A bracket falls off near the front wheel and the whole trucks starts rattling. A little guy that looks like Buckwheat jumps off his car grabs the piece runs and jumps back on his car without breaking pace. He then zooms up next the to the truck, stick the part back in place and truck keeps rolling smoothly on.
Then another trucks comes up fast behind us. This truck is surrounded by full size 4x4 all-terrain vehicles. These guys look mean and are after us. Somehow I am on the side of the road and a tough woman and man approach me. I pick up my car and swing it at them, then I take off running. I have a handful of loose quarters in my hand. They catch up to me near a building. They threaten me and I know that I won’t be able to defend myself. At the last minute, all my Jersey guys walk around the corner. I watch them walk, they don’t see. The man and woman stare at me, as if to tell me that the pain will be worse if I yell. I call out. Fred and Paul turn around. The two tough guys take off running. I pick up and throw a cheese grater at them as they retreat.

The Jersey guys and I are staying in the second floor of a building near a beach. The place seems to be divided into eight sections. We don’t know the other guys and girls staying there, but everyone comes and goes as they please, just hanging out.

I am in a crowded family restaurant looking for a table to sit with a friend. I am carrying a tray like at fast food places. Langston clears plates from a table but it is not for him and I to sit down. He is bussing the table for two black girls as if he works there.

No comments: