Monday, July 7, 2003

Back to school

Trying to pay for parking at a machine in the lot. It looks like the kind where each space has a numbered slot and you just fold up your bills and stuff them in. But this one has a coin slot and meter for each space. A bunch of change, mostly quarters falls out and I start picking them up. I have one handful of coins and keep picking more up as a few other people gather around waiting to pay for their space. I realize they are waiting on me and I still have to pay. I don’t know the number of my space. So I turn to go and a girl accuses me of not paying. I say I have to find my number and cross the lot towards my car. It is in the first space in the lot, but it is labeled #2. Number 1 is the grass next it and is labeled #1 Emergency Parking only.

I walk into an English class and see the other students working. One is discussing a story with someone next to him. I realize I didn’t do the reading for homework or bring the book to class. I throw my books onto a desk and yell, “Did we have homework? I’ve got to get my shit together.” Then I notice the professor sitting at his desk in the middle of the room. He has long gray hair and a weird face.

There is a party being thrown in the office of the Dean of Harvard. Two other guys are calling people up through the window. We are the ones having the party. Three girls walk in and I have an urge to surprise a particular one of them by grabbing and kissing her right as she walks in the door. Instead I end up talking to all three of them on a couch at the back of the room. I am trying to pick at least two of them up. Later I am in a crowded swimming pool and see the three girls. Everyone is just hanging out.

No comments: