Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Famous

Blair is showing me a photo album of bunch of pictures of him with different celebrities. I don’t care, since he doesn’t actually know any of them. We are standing in the lobby of some convention center. I assume it is some kind of fan event. Another PR event or autograph sale that Blair always goes to. Then Tommy Lee from Motley Crue walks up and starts talking to him. Tommy Lee ends up giving me a back stage pass for later.

I am in a race like The Amazing Race TV show. But I am by myself against other people. I’m driving recklessly, trying to pass and stay ahead of other teams. I’m barreling down a highway and traffic gets backed up. I pass a team stuck in traffic by driving on the side of the road. I scan the cars as I fly pass them, looking for other teams. I look back ahead of me and see a semi truck parked on the side of the road. I can’t merge back into the slow traffic, so I run off into the grass to pass the truck. The car spins wildly out of control. I regain control and head back to the road. Traffic is back to a rapid pace and I look for a space to merge in. I’m at a stand still on the side of the road and try to pull out in front of a car but it is moving to fast. I wait a moment then pull out into the next break in traffic. The car seems to move in slow motion as I try to speed up. Two guys jump out of a pick up truck behind me. I cut them off and they run up to my car to kick my ass. They yell and run and are actually keeping up to the car. Why won’t it move, damn it? Finally I speed up and leave them behind. Suddenly I’m in the next stage of the race, running down a mountain trail. I can see a park below and other people on the trail. But I don’t know where my competition is. I slide down a steep but small incline as a short cut to bypass a switchback in the trail. I hit the ground running towards the park.

No comments: