Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Making a break for it

I am in a group of prisoners. We are standing in a line being circled by giant silver robot guards. One of them breaks or is destroyed? Another prisoner drags half of it away. We make our escape.

I am running down a city street, chasing a man. Several other people are chasing him with me. I jump the corner of a bench trying to head straight for the man. I realize that I am running and jumping faster than my psychical shape should allow. Next I jump onto a large concrete flower pot, off of it onto the truck of a car. As I am running up the roof of the car onto it’s front hood, I think that this is not the most effective way of chasing, it would have been faster to run on the ground. It seems I am being left behind. I jump onto the next car in front, someone inside yells. As I leap from the trunk onto it’s roof, I see it has a sunroof. I slide through it into the passenger seat. The driver is shocked but I yell for him to drive. Drive! And point to the man being chased by a few people. The driver takes off and I know we will catch the man I have been chasing. The car I jumped into is a trans am. The driver is smoking a cigarette that looks like a joint. We pull up in front of a club, there is a huge line outside. Has the man hidden among it or has the dream changed completely? There are people from high school in the line. The driver and I are now supposed to meet up with them. McKenzie is there. I tell the driver to park in a gravel lot. Then a group of us are walking through a parking garage. Dave Thomas stops next to a dumpster that is twice as tall as a normal one. There are all kinds of bottles standing on top of it. Someone else lifts the lids quietly and Dave reaches up and removes a bottle of tanqaray and a gallon bottle of rum containing red liquid. Dave raves about saving his booze and that the fruit punch is already mixed in. Security had confiscated it and we were sneaking through the garage to avoid them. I finally enter the door to the club, I am in a foyer about to buy tickets. I can’t see inside the club but it feels almost empty. I also think that it might be a comedy club even though that was not what I was expecting. I step up to the counter to pay. Tickets now cost 50 bucks.

No comments: