Friday, June 14, 2002

Stop the party

I am at a mansion, there is some kind of huge yard sale out front and a party inside. There are old round wooden tables, each one covered in identical merchandise. Across the yard are white linens hanging from trees or fences, blowing in the breeze. On the other side of the yard is someone grilled and served picnic food for the party. I walk up a staircase towards the inside of the house, behind me I turn to see Andrew and Chauncey. I am amazed and overjoyed that Chauncey is alive and embrace him.

I am in a crime lab talking to a forensic investigator (the young guy on CSI) about a strange noise coming from another room. In the corner of the room, a body that I thought was dead says, “Try the key of C” I turn to look at him and it is just a head sitting on a tray attached to several wires. The head blows onto a comb wrapped in wax paper like a harmonica and the noise in the other room answers him in kind. The noise is now recognizable as whale song. I go into the other room. It is a bathroom like a locker room. I see a dolphin floating in a glass shower with the door closed and full of water. The dolphin rises out of and above the shower door as if to talk to me. But instead it leaps up and toward a window. As the dolphin leaps out of the window, it changes into a small polar bear. I yell that it’s getting away as I watch it run off across the courtyard 2 or 3 stories below.

An old man pulls off the road to give a kid a ride. The kid is pushing a bike. The old mans is going to put it the trunk. But instead he picks up a cart on the side of the road and tries repeatedly to throw in up on top of some scaffolding on the side of a building on the side of the road. The cart flies up almost hooks on the bars of the scaffold, then falls again.

There is a magic show in a never-ending field. It has a Central Park feel, everyone on blankets on the grass. A magician comes through the crowd, doing tricks. He makes a raw turkey appear and hands it to me. I look inside.

There is a little girl shooting bottle rockets by my apartment. When I walk up, she runs off. I pick up a bottle rocket she dropped. I want to shoot it across the lake and try to skip it across the surface like a stone. I go inside to find a lighter. Beth is inside vacuuming naked. I move towards her and she backs up against the wall towards the corner of the room. I lean in to kiss her while closing the front door. She turns away towards the corner and gets her skin caught in the closing door above the hinge. She yells, “Ow, my nipple!”

No comments: