Tuesday, April 2, 2002

Straighten up and fly right

I’m in Mom and Dad’s hot air balloon. Dub, BP and Blambo are with me. But I am telling someone else how to fly. We’re hitting treetops and the wind is fast. I’m yelling “Burn, Burn!” as we approach power lines. We end up flying underneath them like a helicopter under a bridge. Then we get caught behind some trees. I’m telling whoever is flying to keep burning to try to lift us clear, but there are branches everywhere. Suddenly, Dad is pulling on a drop line, trying to bring us in. My eyes follow the line up and it trails above me to the envelope with is flying so high into the sky that it looks like a kite. But how am I still in the basket in the trees? And how is Dad able to hold onto that rope? And there was never a feeling of being cramped with so many people or one of being confined in the basket. I was aware of these things being physically impossible, but it all seemed very natural as it is happening.

No comments: