Monday, August 30, 2004

Out of place

Sitting at the bar of a strip club. The bar is actually outside of the club on the sidewalk. Behind the bar is an open wall with a view of the rest of the club. Strippers are changing clothes on the bar stools next to me. One of the girls takes off a pair of pink panties and slides on another pair. It’s hotter catching a peak of them than watching the nude girls inside on stage. I get a hard-on which I feel rubbing against the inside of my pants and the barstool. I look up and see Kathy Copas at the other end of the bar. I’m a little embarrassed, then I see that she is with my Mom and Dad. Everybody is meeting there for a balloon race.

I’m on a huge sailboat, riding on the bow, hanging on to two ropes leading up to the spinnaker. The sail billows out behind me.

I’m standing in a bedroom and I’m a young teenager. The room is mine but doesn’t look like any of my old bedrooms. There is a desk lamp on top of the closet shining down into the dark room like a spotlight. I am doing some kind of performance in front of the closet, maybe a mirror. Mom walks past and I defend my act, asking if I enjoy if then what’s wrong?

Driving my old, red Blazer over a narrow, stone bridge. There is a stone wall on one side, no rail on the other. The bridge crosses a small stream or creek. I wonder if the bridge is smaller than it used to be. I drive across it, but barely make it with a tire hanging over the edge. Then I drive over the same bridge and the blazer slips off and flips down the rocks into the water of the stream. I get out, stand in the water and pick up the blazer. I carry it up the creek bed and flip it back over onto the road. The blazer is dented but seems ready to drive. Then I’m driving down a deserted road past a wheat field. I pass a car parked on the side of the road. It has weird metallic details added to the outside, like flashing lights and a giant metal palm tree sticking out of the back. As I pass, antennas coming off of the windshield wipers wave and blink lights at me.

I’m living in a huge empty room of my frat house. There is furniture, but no one else seems to be around. A few other guys are living in other big rooms on another floor.

No comments: