Thursday, December 4, 2003

Watch your back

I try to call two girls, but don’t get a hold of either one. One calls me back and one sends me an email. Her email is one line of about 6 rhyming nonsense words like goosey, loosey, suessy. Below that line is an email she forwarded to me that says her cell phone battery is dead. It was originally sent to a bunch of names I don’t recognize.
Drive up to a house, but there are no parking spaces on the street or driveway. So I park on the grass at the end of the drive with the front of my car at angle facing the street. I hang out with my Jersey buddies inside. I leave the house and the front of my car has been stolen. It looks like someone tried to strip the entire thing, but ran off in the middle of the job. I start yelling and cursing that I will never park in Blair’s shitty neighbor again. I worry about calling the insurance company and getting a rental.

Go to see a movie. Walk into theater and there are two screens on opposite sides with seats sloping towards each. I walk down the aisle to the left and find a group of random guys I know from high school and my college fraternity. One guy (Jason Black?) is lying on the floor under a blanket or unzipped sleeping bag. He is smoking a joint. A few frat brothers are seating in the row behind him with a blanket throw across their laps and chests. I take the seat on the end of the row and pull the edge of the blanket over me.
Walking through the hall of a castle or fortress. A man is ahead of me and another walks besides me talking. He says that if you can’t kill your enemy, let other countries hate him so they do the job for you, now he can’t leave the country without being arrested. I’m not sure if he is talking about the man ahead of us. We walk out into the street. Military men patrol in Humvees and cop cars. They are in riot gear hanging off the vehicles. One team of them wears white shorts with their uniforms. We walk into a courtyard or dock area. A leader asks for volunteers for an elite squad that will undergo dangerous situations. One guy asks in a smart-ass way if they’ll get higher pay. The leader says no and puts the guy in his place. But no one volunteers. I run down a stone ramp and jump into the water to climb onto a motorboat sitting at a dock. I realize I could have just walked down the dock and stepped on. But a boy on the boat leans out and tells me that they can only pick me up at the dock across the bay. There is a man driving the boat, he doesn’t speak.

Playing pool in a bar. A girl and I trade glances and flirt. We want to leave to hook up but can’t because of the group we are with.

Walking along on a snow-covered sidewalk next to a frozen lake. I see a sled sitting on the ice. There is a rail or fence there but I slip through to get the sled. The ice is too thin at the edges of the lake and I fall through up to me knees. The sled starts to sink underwater, but I grab it and pull it ashore.

No comments: