Saturday, December 6, 2003

That's a big assumption

At a lake house, a large group of people is having some kind of competition on the dock. A woman is trying to toss water from a bucket into a 2-liter coke bottle that is sitting on top of a stepladder. The water is splashing out and up but not over the bottle. I take the bucket and show her how to hold one had on the rim and one underneath and swing my arms back and then forward and up to give the water momentum. The bottle is moved to a picnic table on the porch against the front wall of the house. I notice that there is space between he wooden slates of the wall and if they throw the water, it will splash into the house. Through a closed window, I ask the woman that owns the house if it is ok if water gets inside.
Night falls and there has been a party in the house. Some people, myself included, are supposed to leave to sleep elsewhere. But for some reason we are not leaving and are working out sleeping arrangements. I assume one of the girls is going to take me to bed.

No comments: