Friday, December 5, 2003

No, you go

I am cutting a small piece out of foam-core board. I carefully cut out a circle about the size of a coffee mug ring. It is a door for a dollhouse. But the dollhouse door should be square.

A girl is picked up for a date in a convertible. But it is not just a sports car, it is super ornate like an old carriage with two bench seats with plush velvet covering them.

I drive a semi into a gas station parking lot. I swing around to line up on the other side of the pumps. Another rig is behind me and one other pulls up just after me. I am nervous making the turn in this monster, so I let the 2nd truck go ahead of me because I’m afraid of hitting him. The trucker behind me is pissed because the etiquette is to stay in order and now he has to wait for an extra truck to fuel up before his turn, so it puts him behind schedule. I get out of the cab and the truck rolls backwards across the lot and into a creek. The perspective is weird, the truck doesn’t just seem to get smaller as it rolls further away, it actually does get smaller. I go to the water and grab the bumper of the truck and pull it out. The truck seems to be about the size of a large tree. But then it is back at the pump and I climb into the now normal-sized cab. I can’t find any kind of parking break, so I get out. There is a mini-fridge sitting in the middle of the parking lot. I assume it is for my truck so I can keep meal stored for a long haul. As I open the door, my truck rolls away again. I don’t go after it though, I am too impressed by the fact that there is a tiny tv on the inside of the fridge door.

Walking through the woods, I see a guy digging in a large barrel or oil drum. I walk up and see that it is full of bait, printed on the side in white stenciled lettering is a note about “use for fishing” There is a cabin nearby and I go in. There is another drum, this one is sealed. A man with a beard opens it. Is it the same man I saw outside? There are shrimp and fish maybe craps inside. I thought the guy would be frightening, but he is cool.

No comments: