Wednesday, May 7, 2003

Lost

I am driving an old VW bug convertible. I have sold my new Civic and spent $8000 on an old car, but now I won’t have to make car payments. The VW is parked in a lot. Instead of backing out of the spot, I pull forward over grass and through the dead branches of a low hanging tree. I feel stupid for abusing my new car.

I have to meet someone to leave for a trip but I don’t know where. We talk on the phone about meeting at a street intersection but I don’t know how I will get there.

I am walking through a strange subdivision. The houses are all big and expensive. Several have their garage doors open and the garages are finished like real rooms. One with huge shelves of toys, another with nice furniture. I walk into one house, surprised to find the front door unlocked. The house feels familiar but isn’t. I walk through rooms and out another door.

No comments: