Thursday, May 29, 2003

Get up

Don, my old Creative Director, is giving me a pep talk for a job interview. He is upbeat and positive, but I feel indifferent.

I walk into a bathroom in an amusement park. There are no stalls, just doors set in the walls. One wall is a large mirror, but it is a two-way mirror with a view of the woman’s restroom next door. Two nuns are at the sink. The young one says I can hear men passing water and flushing.” A slutty hot chick in a low cut top walks in. I stare at her cleavage. Then she and the other girl (the cute nun, now in normal clothes) are in the men’s room with me. One of the girl’s is now the actress that plays Joey on Dawson’s Creek. She is telling a story very earnestly. Before she finishes, we all leave. The park is being cleared by security. One of the girls thinks she may have forgotten her purse, but we cannot go back.

I am on some kind of dock or loading area. Big equipment is stacked in an evenly spaced row down the entire length. I am sitting next to a giant gun with a barrel that is shaped like a cement mixer. Two government, military looking guys come up and ask me questions about it. The gun is capped for display, but could be made useable. Then two guys in tan, short sleeve buttoned shirts order us to move over next to a piece of construction equipment. They drill us on our id and ask questions from a clipboard. One of them grabs a weird cat and asks if it is ours. As he holds it, I see that it’s eyes are big and unnaturally bright blue. It seems the guy is willing to torture the cat to get information out of us.

Dave and I are in a backyard; we are trying to help a girl leave the house. But she drives a garbage truck that is blocked by junk. We move pieces of debris, trying to clear the truck. A semi-truck pulls out around it and hits it. A guy that looks or acts like a pothead comes up to us and is babbling about holes. But I see no holes in the yard. Dave tries to warn him away and seems ready to use violence to drive him away from us to protect the girl. As Dave leads the guy away, I slide between them and try talking to the guy. He takes us into the house next door, where he wife and kids are watching a Disney-type cartoon. We watch for a moment and suddenly the cartoon switches to some kind of educational documentary with bad production values. I realize and explain that some Christian group has edited out material they deem offensive and have done a poor job of editing in new content. The guy must have been talking about holes in the movie.

Kids playing outside. A big bouncy ball they play with rolls down a hill and into a creek. I go to get it, but a little boy jumps in the creek. His brother is there and I tell him to grab his little brother. The kid ignores me, is he slow? There are other balls floating further down in the creek. I grab the kid by the waist and tell him to jump up on 3. I count 1,2,3, bouncing him up higher on each number trying to lift him. Stacy grabs him from the bank of shore above and pulls him up.

No comments: