Sunday, March 3, 2002

Troubled

I was called into the high school principal’s office. He toys with me for awhile, talking about the security cameras around the school grounds. I have no idea what I’m in trouble for. He fills out a form, hands it to me and asks if that is how I spell it. Along the top next to “Complaint:____” he has written in HASH and then marijuana misspelled. I try explaining that there must be some mistake, because I didn’t smoke up until college. But he continues lecturing, only now we are outside. And I am wrapping a blanket around myself. I realize I am laying in a 4 lane street and the principal is gone. I slowly get up and walk to the sidewalk, leaving my mattress in the lane of oncoming traffic. I believe the principal is under a blanket on the grass beyond the sidewalk. But when I pull it back, Dave and Paige are sitting there. I ask “how did you find me?” and they respond that they’ve been waiting for me.

No comments: