Friday, January 14, 2005

Home work

In a cool office with lots of open space and light wood paneling and furniture. Ultra-modern computers sit on the desks with attractive people working at them. It’s my last day on job there and I’m just wondering around, goofing off, talking to people. Some guy tells me to sign or label a bunch of paintings, posters or art prints. I can’t believe he’s actually making me do work before I leave.
Then I’m giving mom and dad a tour, telling them how the office was remodeled. They took out a wall to open up a curving staircase to the second floor. As we round a corner, I see a few guys taking down curtains from a big window, they are the drapes from grandpa’s sliding glass door to his backyard. I tell the guys (dad is now helping them) not to throw them away. Dad replies I know, I know. There are boxes stacked against a wall over-flowing with old Christmas decorations. Mom is walking down the stairs ahead of me and complains over her shoulder that Stacy asked her if the brass reindeers were tarnished because they wouldn’t look good in her neighborhood. I think to myself that it isn’t like Stacy to act snobby.

No comments: