Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Someone else's memories

At Grandma and Grandpa’s but it doesn’t really look like their house. I’m looking at a bunch of old photos or flyers. One of Aunt Linda sticking her tongue out. Above her are printed the words “IM MARRY” in big bold type. I wonder why she never married and if she would be more attractive without her tongue sticking out. Next I look at a flyer or news photo of mom in a cool basement. The picture was taken from the top of the stairs. There is cool mod furniture on a black and white tiled floor with a shag throw rug with large circles of bold colors like red. Mom is singing or playing guitar and the caption below the photo describes her band. Then I see my name. I check the photo and see a young me behind the drum set or keyboards. My head is barely sticking out above the instrument. My hair is straight and hanging over my eyes. I assume Stacy is the other toddler behind the instrument on the other side of Mom.

No comments: