Tuesday, October 22, 2002

What a ride

The blazer is parked by the side of a road with luggage piled next to it. A female cop pulls up and tells us to move along since we are blocking a lane of traffic.
Later a sheriff pulls up next to the blazer in a gravel parking lot and starts talking to me through the open windows. I am anxious to get away but he keeps asking me questions. Another vehicle pulls between us to talk to him and I take the opportunity to drive quickly away. I speed up, taking corners too fast and flying over some railroad tracks. The tracks turn into a roller coaster and now I am driving my new car, the Honda Civic Si along the rails. I fear that the car will fly off in one of turns but I keep driving faster. The speedometer reads 70 miles per hour. I drive up a big hill and down the other side, then I hit a jump and the car flies up into the air and sails over a river far below. The car begins to drop, then falls rapidly away from me. It is as if it was a convertible that I flew out the top of. I look below me and try to aim for the middle of the river. I see it is surrounded by swampland. I see Mom and Dad below shouting at me and I also see the car stuck in mud at the bank of the river with large and deep skid marks behind it. I keep drifting back and forth and although I try to control my path, I keep drifting off course. The ground is approaching and I see that I am going to land in a shallow area of water in the middle of a swamp. I picture myself landing gently on two feet.

No comments: