Monday, May 13, 2002

Weird Al

I am at an outdoor festival in Bloomington, IN. I know it is Bloomington, although nothing looks familiar. There is a small stage in the street and I am watching 2 guys perform (a drummer and a guitarist). I am enjoying the song they play even though I have never heard it before. Blambo and some other guys join me. When the song is over, the two guys leave the stage and quickly take off down the street. I run after them and call out to the drummer. He stops and I tell him I enjoyed the show. Then the guitarist passes me and I now recognize him as Weird Al Yankovic, even though it looked nothing like him on stage. I say something like that I enjoyed it or that I’m a fan, I felt oddly star-stuck. He paused, nodded at me and continued on. I got the feeling he appreciated my comment. Now Blambo and the guys want to go get pizza or a drink. They start to walk off but I see that Blambo has left his car parked in the middle of the street. He wants to just leave it there. So I move it and try to find Brooke.

No comments: