Saturday, January 5, 2002

An ocean of tears

On a beach. I am aware of Brooke being there, but don’t actually see her. At first, we’re in the ocean splashing around. I think we try to body surf. But the waves are too strong and overpower me. The beach is a built of tourist type place with tall wooden boardwalks built over huge sand dunes and oversized piers reach out over the ocean and acting as a network of bridges. Suddenly I am standing on a boardwalk alone. I am supposed to meet Brooke at an oil derrick structure. I find an Eiffel tower on the corner of a boardwalk and wait. Hours pass and she doesn’t show. So I go up a road to leave. As I do, I pass an actual pumping oil derrick, it’s arm still. I see Brooke walking away down another Boardwalk, she is wearing a frilling dress and carrying a large box. She may be crying. (I wake up thinking that I have already lost her.)

No comments: