Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sarandon swims

I see Susan Sarandon walking through a beach resort and decide to go reintroduce myself. As I approach her, I see that she is talking on her cell phone. I walk along the same brick path she is on, but feel self-conscious following her. So I pretend to talk to on my iPhone and walk past her. When I sense that she is no longer on the phone, I slow down to let her pass. As she walks next me, I wrap up my imaginary phone conversation. But before I can say anything to her, she runs ahead onto the beach. She runs into the surf and just before she dives into the water, she turns and says, “Brian, Brian” as if mock-scolding me. I chase after her and dive into the water. As soon as my body goes under, I realize that I am still wearing a robe and that it was foolish of me to dive in after her. But I am surprised and pleased that she remembered me. Next thing I know, she is rubbing my feet.

No comments: